QuickBooks is the preferred online accounting system for millions of companies worldwide. As a small business owner, it’s important to create regular backups of your QuickBooks files. In the event that the computer on which you installed QuickBooks is damaged, you can restore data from your most recent backup to prevent data loss. Today we are talking about how to backup Intuit Quickbooks for you.
What is a backup?
In the event that the original data is corrupted or lost, a backup copy of the data is created. Data backup is a crucial step in preventing data loss because it enables you to restore the data in case of an error. There are numerous ways to create backups, including copying data to a different storage device, sending data to the cloud, or making physical copies of the data on a different piece of media, like a tape or a DVD. Generally speaking, it is a good idea to regularly create backups as this can help ensure that you have a copy of your important data in case the original is damaged.
The features and benefits of Intuit QuickBooks
Intuit QuickBooks is accounting software that is designed to help small businesses manage their finances. Some of the features and benefits of QuickBooks include:
- Financial reporting: QuickBooks generates a variety of financial reports, such as profit and loss statements and balance sheets, which can help you understand the financial health of your business.
- Invoicing and billing: QuickBooks allows you to create and send professional invoices, as well as track payment status.
- Mobile app: QuickBooks has a mobile app that allows you to access your financial data from your phone or tablet.
- Expense tracking: You can use QuickBooks to track your business expenses, including bills and receipts.
- Customer support: Intuit offers a variety of customer support options, including phone, email, and online resources, to help you get the most out of QuickBooks.
How to backup Intuit Quickbooks?
Manually Back Up the File
You can back up company files manually, or you can back up company files automatically. To back up company files manually, complete the following steps.
- Step 1: From the File menu, select Backup. Click the Backup Company Files tab.
- Step 2: Click the Browse button to change the file name and indicate the backup location. Next Click Save.
- Step 3: Select other items in the Backup Options area. Click OK.
If you’re having trouble backing up directly to a CD-R or CD-RW drive, back up to your hard drive first. Then use windows explorer or your CD “burning” software to back up the file to the CD.
Automatically Back Up the File
QuickBooks has two automated methods for backing up your files. The first method creates a backup file every time you close the file. You set how often QuickBooks creates backups. QuickBooks stores this backup file on your hard drive in the QuickBooks folder in a folder named “Auto Backup”. The second method allows you to schedule unattended backups. This means you don’t have to work in QuickBooks or even on your computer. Only a local or network hard drive can house this backup file. Business files must be shut down for scheduled backups.
Auto backup when the file is closed
- Step 1: From the File menu, select Backup. Click the Schedule Backup tab.
- Step 2: Click on the box Automatically back up when closing data files. Enter the appropriate backup frequency.
- Step 3: Make the appropriate selections in the QuickBooks Backup window. Click OK.
- Step 4: Automatic Backup
Schedule unattended backups
- Step 1: From the File menu, select Backup.
- Step 2: Click the Backup Schedule tab. Click the New button.
- Step 3: Make the appropriate selections in the Schedule Backup window. To save the updated schedule, click OK.
Use a third-party backup solution
There are many third-party backup solutions that can create a backup of your QuickBooks data. Some options include using a cloud backup service, such as Carbonite or Mozy, or using local backup software, such as Acronis or EaseUS.
What to do if your QuickBooks data is lost?
If you have lost your QuickBooks data, there are a few steps you can take to try to recover it. If you have made a recent backup of your QuickBooks data, you can try restoring the data from the backup. To do this, you will need to have access to the backup file and know how to restore it. If you have created a portable file, you can use it to restore your data. If you have neither a backup nor a portable file, you may be able to recover your data by contacting Intuit support.
They may be able to provide you with guidance on how to recover your data or may be able to help you recover the data directly. If you are unable to recover your data using the above methods, you may need to hire a QuickBooks data recovery service. These services specialize in recovering QuickBooks data and may be able to help you recover your lost data.
How to backup Intuit Quickbooks? The built-in backup feature, a third-party backup program, or manually copying the data file are the three methods of backing up your QuickBooks data. To guard against data loss, it’s crucial to regularly create backups of your QuickBooks data. If your QuickBooks data has been lost, you can try to recover it from a recent backup, use a portable file, or get in touch with Intuit support.